* Yoga facilitates all kinds of movement, including cross-lateral movement, which is crucial for learning. Cross-lateral movements are those in which arms and legs cross over the midline of the body. Crossing the midline forces both sides of the brain to communicate, enhancing brain development.
* Yoga encourages community and connectedness in the classroom.
* Yoga enhances focus, concentration, comprehension, and memory.
* With regular practice, children's muscles, bones, and joints will lengthen and strengthen as their overall flexibility is improved. In addition, all of children's major bodily systems are supported by movement and improved circulation, including the digestive, endocrine, immune, and respiratory systems. Yoga strengthens your child's entire body!
* A growing amount of mind-body research shows that when children learn yoga, they become more present, empowered to manage their emotions, and more content and successful in school and in life.
* Yoga makes learning and fitness FUN!